Makes 1 Bowl
• 1 cup of Irish porridge oats
• 2 cups of water or milk + 2-3 tablespoons milk
• 2 tsp of honey
• 1-3 tsp cinnamon
• 2 tbsp brown sugar
1. Bring the porridge oats and water or milk to a boil in a saucepan.
2. Turn down heat and let simmer for 3-4 minutes. Remove from heat.
3. Mix in a few tablespoons of milk, 2 tbsp of honey and cinnamon to taste.
4. Pour into an ovenproof ceramic baking dish, sprinkle top with 2 tbsp of brown sugar and place into 425f/210c oven* for 20 minutes or until brown sugar has bubbled and hardened on top slightly. Serve immediately.
*alternatively, if you have an oven with a broiler place under for 10-15 minutes.
Total Time: 20 minutes