Spicy, sweet and easy to make.
1 cup honey
1 cup sugar
3 tablespoons vegetable oil
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
1 cup very strong, brewed coffee
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 tablespoon baking powder
1. Preheat oven to 350°F and grease 2 loaf pans.
2. Whisk together, until smooth, honey, sugar, eggs and oil.
3. Sift together flour, baking powder and baking soda.
4. Add dry ingredients to honey mixture in three batches, alternating with coffee. Stir until just combined.
5. Divide batter between two loaf pans and bake in a 350° oven until cake tester comes out clean, about 45-60 minutes. Let cool slightly before turning out on rack.
Hanna Kapitulnik, Executive Pastry Chef of the King David Hotel, in Jerusalem, makes these for her family celebration at Rosh Hashanah. Makes 2 loaf cakes