MIXED BERRIES WITH
by Executive Chef Kevin Johnson
Dean & DeLuca Kansas City
- 1 lb mascarpone cheese
- 3 tbsp 25 year balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 oz wt powdered sugar, sifted
In a mixer slowly whip cheese, vinegar, and vanilla extract until incorporated. Slowly incorporate powdered sugar. After sugar is incorporated whip on high 2-3 minutes. Chill 3-4 hours.
Vanilla-white Wine Mixed Berries:
- 1 each vanilla bean, scraped
- ½ cup water
- ¼ cup dry white wine
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 pint total mixed berries (sliced strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, raspberries)
Bring all ingredients except berries to a simmer. Simmer 15-20 minutes. Strain liquid and let it cool completely. Toss cooled liquid with berries to coat. Let set 30-45 minutes in refrigerator.
Place 2 small scoops of mascarpone in a chilled dessert bowl. Ladle ¼ cup of berries and syrup over top of balsamic mascarpone. Dust with powdered sugar, a sprig of mint and a drizzle of balsamic vinegar.